The ITSM Review are excited to be confirmed as official media partners for The Open Group’s upcoming event – Managing the Business of IT4IT™ being held on 25th April 2016 in London.
Today’s enterprise faces disruption to the status quo on all fronts, driven by digital transformation, which challenges how IT is organized and managed today. The role of IT in the business has transformed into an enabler that drives innovation, enhances competitive advantage, boosts productivity, and reduces cost by applying technological solutions.
However, innovative technologies – such as big data and cloud – can only be of value to the business, provided that they can be properly implemented and managed. IT leaders realize that the current IT operating models no longer address the new role of IT in the business, and that the IT function needs to reinvent itself. A fundamentally different approach is needed for how we plan, build, deliver, and run IT today.
Historically there are many best practice guidelines, frameworks, and standards for operating IT. But they have been evolved from an IT service model and not with IT’s new central role as a business enabler in mind. To reinvent IT, the CIOs must go beyond current process-based approaches and equip their teams with the right information and tools to support new ecosystem collaborations, completely automate end-to-end workflows, and provide the business with the controls to govern IT.
The Open Group IT4IT Reference Architecture standard with its value chain-based IT operating model addresses this problem by providing a prescriptive and detailed information model-based framework that enhances and supports traditional process based frameworks and standards.
- Open Platform 3.0™ – The Customer Experience and Digital Business (Tuesday plenary).
- IT4IT™ – Managing the Business of IT. Presentations on using and implementing the IT4IT Reference Architecture Version 2.0 standard. (Monday plenary and tracks).
- EA & Government – Hear about the increasing awareness of EA and the growing adoption of TOGAF® in India. Plenary presentations include a focus on the e-Pragati initiative of the state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Risk, Dependability & Trusted Technology – the cybersecurity connection – securing the global supply chain.
- ArchiMate® – New features and practical use cases.
- The Open Business Data Lake is a reference architecture that demonstrates how to leverage more internal and external data, how to be more agile in creating insights for business value and how to improve the productivity of actually delivering it. As such, it’s a crucial and illustrative component of the Open Platform 3.0 vision.
- TOGAF® 9 and ArchiMate® – case studies and the harmonization of the standards.
- Understand how to develop better interoperability and communication across organizational boundaries and pursue global standards for Enterprise Architecture that are highly relevant to all industries.
As media partners we have a special offer for all our lovely readers. If you enter the code LON164-ITSMREV at the checkout this will give non-members of The Open Group a 25% reduction in the standard fees when registering for the event.
WHAT: IT4IT – Managing the business of IT
WHERE: Central Hall Westminster, Storey’s Gate, Westminster, London SW1H 9NH
WHEN: 25th April 2016 (The Open Group event runs from April 25-28, the IT4IT day runs from 08:30 – 17:00 on the 25th)
WHO: The Open Group
HOW TO BOOK: Click Here.
DISCOUNT CODE: LON164-ITSMREV
We’re looking forward to attending and covering this event and hope to see you there!